MOM FILM FEST 2021 Sponsored by
“Because moms are natural-born creators.“
That’s a wrap, folks! Thank you for watching and supporting our 2nd Annual MOM Film Fest!
Be sure to tune in to our awards ceremony Friday, August 27th at 7pm EST on Facebook Live. And feel free to catch the replays of our incredible panels listed below.
- Addressing the pandemic’s impact on moms in our industry, The Motherhood Penalty, and how the gender pay gap is directly related to being a mother
- Childcare on set and accommodations for mothers – let’s address the “baby” in the room
- Discussing solutions to move forward and concrete steps that can be taken to advocate for industry change
- Discussing how Black moms are dying during childbirth at an alarming rate, losing their kids due to police brutality, experiencing social and racial injustice, being paid less and suffering from a lack of access and opportunity
- Working on solutions for maintaining our mental wellness through societal and oftentimes daily traumas we experience
- Despite all of theses challenges, our stories must still be told and we’ll talk about how
Stages & Phases of Motherhood (PANEL) – Saturday, August 21st: Time 3pm EST. WATCH THE REPLAY HERE.
- Shedding light on the stages we go through as moms while the kids are growing and going through their own life phases
- Discussing the media’s portrayal of mothers and whether it skews society’s view of motherhood
- Our mental health matters – an honest discussion to help erase the shame of pregnancy loss, postpartum depression, anxiety disorders, PTSD, mom guilt, loss of identity, etc.
The Art of Fundraising (PANEL) – Sunday, August 22nd: Time 2pm EST. WATCH THE REPLAY HERE.
- Creative ideas for fundraising
- Dissecting the importance of email lists and social media engagement
- Grants that are new or not as well-known
The 2nd Annual MOM Film Fest Awards Ceremony – Friday, August 27th: Time 7pm EST. TUNE IN HERE.